|Location:||US – New York, New York|
|Job Functions:||Art Direction, Product Development, Project Management|
Inspired by a excited community with a never ending flow of great ideas and driven by an amazing team & infrastructure, Quirky brings one great new product to life EACH WEEK.
Scared? This job probably isn’t for you. Intrigued? Read on.
In order to insure exceptionally high product and design quality as we grow, we’re looking for a rockstar Industrial Designer with considerable leadership experience in Consumer Products, Brand, and Marketing.
The perfect candidate is dozens of successful products beyond their start in an Art School model shop, but desires the creative rush that their early career provided.
- managing / inspiring a young team of industrial designers / engineers
- evaluating a weekly influx of new product and design ideas & carefully driving the selection process.
- providing final design direction on all products
- creating a maintainable brand tie between dozens of unrelated products
- working with partners / internal teams on manufacturing
- managing a demanding design and production schedule
- an unmatched ability to sense & identify potential
- Inspirational communicator & leader
- respect & belief in a rapidly iterative design process
- 7+ years of experience in an Industrial Design (consultancy or brand)
- Strong sketching abilities (hand and digital)
- SolidWorks, and or Rhino CAD modeling skills are a plus
- Intermediate to advanced skill level with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
Familiarity with Hypershot
- Good creative problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently as well as under tight creative direction
Apply Via Emailproductdesignlead@quirky.com
Resume & Portfolio
Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply.
View Employer Profile