|Location:||US – Renton, Washington|
|Job Level:||Junior Staff|
|Job Functions:||Creative Direction, Design, Packaging, Research|
We are a packaging design and manufacturing company based in Renton, WA.
Our design department is looking for an experienced industrial designer/structural designer to work on packaging structure. The candidate should have a minimum of 2 years experience. The candidate will be responsible for the creative process of industrial design and for personally developing packaging design solutions.
The following skills are required:
* Strong knowledge of CAD software, preferably ArtiosCAD. Need to possess CAD drawing experience.
* Ability to build packaging structure and support for clients' products. Products sizes range from as small as a pen to as big as a refrigerator.
* Experience in the use of various materials like corrugated, SBS board, plastic, foam, etc...
* Strong verbal, oral and written communication skills
* Ability to determine and capture client requirements
* Skilled at retail packaging and industrial packaging.
* Strong ability to ascertain desired product characteristics, such as size, shape, weight, color, materials used, cost, ease of use, fit, and safety.
* Ability to work with sales, graphic designers, structural designers, cost estimators to determine packaging performance, cost requirements and manufacturability.
* Participate in usability and safety tests, meeting with clients occasionally then making adjustments based on client input.
* Desire to create innovative packaging as well as considering the style and technical aspects of the product.
Creativity and technical knowledge are crucial for the candidate’s success. A strong sense of aesthetics with an eye for form, detail and a sense of balance and proportion are also important.
Candidate should have an outstanding portfolio with examples of their best work.
Candidate must be imaginative and persistent and must be able to communicate their ideas visually, verbally, and in writing.
Problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and under pressure are important.
Lastly and perhaps most importantly the candidate must be a team player able to take direction and constructive critiques.
We are a equal opportunity employer
Must be willing and able to relocate to the Seattle area.
Apply Via Emailhumanresources@allpaktrojan.com
Web-Based ApplicationsComplete our online application
Other Ways To ApplyNo phone calls, please
To be considered, please complete our online application and email along with your resume and a link to your portfolio or 3 samples of your work in PDF format.
Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply.
View Employer Profile