|Company:||AMES International, Inc.|
|Location:||US – Fife, Washington|
|Job Level:||Junior Staff|
|Job Functions:||Administrative & Support, Product Development, Project Management, Research, Strategy & Planning|
The Product Development and Design Team creates targeted and effective packaging, product, and branding solutions, adds value through strategic sourcing and development plans, and ensures smooth vendor fulfillment that adheres to specifications and quality standards.
The driving goals of this department are to produce creative solutions that are on time, under budget, adhere to brand guidelines, and are in line with corporate objectives.
This position takes the lead role in coordinating new development projects and acts as the primary liaison between the interdependent groups of Product Development, Design, AMES manufacturing and Sales. The candidates will support the department manager in ensuring that all aspects of a new product go through a seamless development process concluding with the full production of an item. The ideal candidate will have related experience in package development and possess general knowledge of printing processes from traditional Offset to Photogravure, Flexography and Letterpress Printing.
• Vendor Management: responsible for creating RFQ’s for various packing components and obtaining vendor quotations.
o Interacting with vendors to answer questions regarding RFQ’s, managing time lines and other related issues.
o Responsible for compiling cost analysis sheets for use by costing department.
o Source new vendors for required components.
• Manufacturing support:
o Responsible for acting as the advocate of Manufacturing during the development process.
o Coordinating and communicating requirements for production trials
o Conduct cross departmental discussions in regards to new products.
• New Product/Package Development:
o Responsible for documenting product ratios, components, & manufacturing techniques.
o Responsible for scheduling and coordinating mock ups within the PD&D team.
o Participate in new product brainstorms.
• Submit weekly updates on status of assigned projects to PD&D Team.
• 2+ years experience in a fast paced corporate environment on a project management team or in similar types of environments.
• Knowledge in the fields of printing with a solid understanding of printing techniques, color, die-lines and production.
• Knowledge in the field of packaging materials and substrates. Ie., Flexible film, plastics, corrugate materials.
• Ability to set priorities amidst a heavy workload
• Strong attention to detail is a must.
• Strong analytical skills; an ability to gather data and draw insightful conclusions.
• Previous experience working with overseas vendors preferred.
• Undergraduate degree required. Field of Study: Marketing, Graphics or Industrial Design.
• Proficiency with MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Internet Explorer)
• Proficiency in Chinese a plus.
Apply Via Emailapaulose@amesinternational.com
Position is to be filled within the next 30 days. Please submitt resume and folio of works if interested.
View Employer Profile