|Location:||US – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Job Level:||Senior Staff|
|Job Functions:||Design, Design Management, Model Making & Prototyping, Project Management, Strategy & Planning, Styling|
Yeh IDeology is a recruiting firm specializing in design and strategy. Our client, a world-class manufacturer of home & residential furniture products, is looking for a highly talented and passionate Lead Industrial Designer to join their team.
Develop and manage a world-class design studio that elevates the brand to new heights in design and function. Efficiently innovate the internal design process and challenge and motivate the team through visionary leadership. Participate in defining and communicating product and business strategies as well as user research and human factors possibilities.
- Define the mission and vision for New Product Development as a department and share and align that vision with senior management in Engineering, Marketing and Operations.
- Develop and pursue a long-term business strategy within the category that is both influential and visionary.
- Mentor and motivate all NPD and Marketing team to reach their full potential including design reviews.
- Combine broad business and strategy thinking with exceptional hands on design and modeling skills.
- Build internal and external relationships to strengthen their understanding of the category and how they can influence innovation.
- Lead large complex design projects from concept generation through to implementation; including, new product development concept prototyping, and budgetary concerns.
- Prepare presentations for management detailing project as well as departmental roadmaps, including innovative research.
- Work closely with all new product development departments, especially Engineering, Marketing, Purchasing, and Manufacturing, in a team atmosphere achieving new levels of creativity, and innovation into their projects.
- Define style and direction of Design department overseeing all trend, human factors and finishing development.
- Develop a close relationship with suppliers.
- Work with Marketing and Sales to design retail showrooms and exhibitions.
- Bachelor’s/ Masters (preferred) Degree in Industrial Design from an accredited university win product design with experience in appliances, lighting or related field and a min of 7 years Industrial Design Experience.
- Experience in Project Management, or Business ideal.
- Must have a good understanding of Engineering and Marketing disciplines and have had success leading Design in Multi-Disciplinary Teams.
- Must be proficient in Alias, Rhino, and Photoshop. Pro-E experience is beneficial
Apply Via Emailinfo@yehideology.com
Web-Based ApplicationsApply on our website
Other Ways To ApplyFor additional opportunities, please visit our website: www.yehideology.com
To apply, please submit a resume, portfolio and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position posted as srch 10427 in the subject line.
Resumes without portfolios will not be reviewed.
Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply.
View Recruiter Profile