|Company:||Fredricks Design, Inc.|
|Location:||US – Grand Haven, Michigan|
|Job Level:||Mid-Level Staff|
|Job Functions:||Product Development|
Fredricks Design, Inc. is a product development firm located in Grand Haven, Michigan. We blend market research, design and engineering to create innovative products for the transportation, furniture, consumer goods and healthcare/medical markets.
Fredricks is looking for an Industrial Designer to join our well established team. The person in this role needs to be filled with high energy, passion, talent and creativity! You will work in a collaborative environment with industrial designers, engineers, project managers and CAD designers as well as have direct interface with our customers.
We offer state of the art tools, a stimulating work environment and a wide variety of rewarding programs along with tremendous growth opportunities and excellent compensation and benefits.
To be considered you must possess the following:
• BS/BFA degree in Industrial Design
• 5-8 years experience working in the contract furniture and or healthcare markets, product development or related field (systems, seating, storage and work tools)
Must possess exceptional skills in the following areas:
• Identification of unmet needs and visual articulation of early ideation
• Excellent sketching skills and ability to visually describe concepts
• Problem definition/solving
• 2D visualization (ideation, refinement and presentation levels)
• 3D form development (digital and physical)
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to work well with others
• Software experience/skills: SolidWorks, Pro-E, Photoshop, 2D sketch programs (Painter, Alias Sketch, etc.), 3D programs (Rhino, Form-Z, Alias)
• Experience and/or training in applied ergonomics/human interface design a plus
• Ability to lead the design process from early phase through development
Apply Via Emailrecruit.email@example.com
Other Ways To ApplyPlease send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Fredricks Design, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
6 Sherman Avenue
Grand Haven, MI 49417